Quick Apple Walnut Cake (Eggfree)
This Apple cake is just what you want to make these days and when you have little time on your hands.
A really quick egg free recipe - all you have to do is mix everything into one bowl. No electric beater needed.
Make it vegan by using coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk. Add in some strawberries or blueberries for some tang and colour !
What you need-
1 cup Wholewheat flour
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1.5 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1.5 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 cup Olive oil or any Vegetable oil
1/3 cup Apple Juice
1 cup Milk
1 large Apple, peeled and diced into small pieces
1/3 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
For the Topping:
1 Apple, thinly sliced
Putting it all together-
1. Heat the oven to 180 C
2. Butter and line your cake tin with parchment paper
3. Combine the powdered ingredients - wholewheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, salt and sugar.
4. Combine the liquid ingredients - oil, milk and apple juice.
5. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
6. Fold in the apple pieces (berries, if using) and chopped walnuts.
7. Pour batter in cake tin, top with sliced apples and berries if using.
8. Bake for 50 mins until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for at least 15 mins before taking out.