And here it is...finally!! Thank you for the wait for my next you tube video...Easy peasy MANGO CHEESECAKE is live on my YouTube channel!
I have simplified this recipe by making it in shot glasses so there’s no pressure of dealing with moulds, Long setting time plus they look oh so dainty ;) Once mango season is over, replace the fruit purée with any berries, chopped fruits or a simple chocolate sauce would also work well.
This is my go-to recipe for a quick cheesecake and one of my first experiments in the kitchen...just randomly tried something from a magazine and it’s still going strong 15 yrs later!!!
What you need-
· 125g digestive biscuits
· 50g butter, melted
· 150g cream cheese
· 50g icing sugar
· 100ml whipping cream
· Dash of lime juice (adjust tartness to taste)
· Zest of ½ a lime
· 1 mango
Putting it all together:
1. Crush the biscuits in a food processor or blender
2. Combine with melted butter in a bowl.
3. Tip the mixture in a shot glass and press firmly down and around the sides into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the freezer for ½ hr.
4. Combine the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and beat well till smooth. Add the lime juice and zest.
5.Whip the cream in another bowl till light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese mixture and combine gently with a spatula. Adjust the tartness to your taste
6. Pour the filling neatly over the set biscuit base and even out the top as much as possible.
7. Refrigerate for ½ an hr.
8. Blend the mango to make and pour it over the set base and garnish the entire surface with cherries, mint leaves or small pieces of mangoes.
I love to see your creations. Snap a photo and tag @cucinamiabynatasha on Instagram or hashtag #cucinamiabynatasha. Follow me on Facebook & Youtube for more easy recipes.