Making a cheesecake into a tart is a fun way of reinventing the dessert. Top with any other fruit like mangoes, peaches etc.
What you need-
· 250 g digestive biscuits
· 100 g butter, melted
· 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 300g cream cheese
· 50 g icing sugar
· 140 ml double cream (whipping variety)
· 1 tsp lime juice (adjust tartness to taste)
· Zest of ½ a lime
· 1 cup strawberries
Putting it all together:
1. Crush the biscuits in a food processor or blender
2. Combine with melted butter in a bowl.
3. Tip the mixture in a push bottom tart tin and press firmly down and around the sides into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the freezer for ½ hr.
4. Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat well till smooth. Add the lime juice and zest.
5.Whip the cream in another bowl till light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese mixture and combine gently with a spatula. Adjust the tartness to your taste
6. Pour the filling neatly over the set biscuit base and even out the top as much as possible.
7. Refrigerate for ½ hr.
8. Blend strawberries for a fresh strawberry sauce, add some icing sugar if too sour.
9.Pour the sauce over the set base and garnish the entire surface with thinly sliced strawberries.
I LOVE to see your creations. Snap a photo and tag @cucinamiabynatasha on Instagram or hashtag #cucinamiabynatasha. Follow me on Facebook & Youtube for more easy recipes.