If your bored of carrots but still want to get your dose of vitamins, this is a great side dish inspired by the Mediterranean region. The caramelised date syrup is delicious with the crunch of the carrots and sesame. You can also sprinkle some Dukkah over for another flavour dimension. I like to serve this with my Lemon Tahini Sauce or Orange Tahini Yogurt- a match made in heaven! Instead of carrots, you could make sweet potato chips or pumpkin wedges or even a mixed caramelised veg platter!
Check out these plates that will be a lovely option for serving a mixed veg platter.
What you need-
4 – 5 carrots, peeled and cut length wise
2 tbsp date syrup or honey
2 tbsp olive oil (I recommend this one)
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper (purchase here)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Some fresh thyme leaves
Putting it together-
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Place carrots in a baking dish or tray (I use this one all the time) and drizzle with olive oil, date syrup, coriander salt & pepper.
3. Roast for 10 mins then toss and put back till done. The edges should be caramelized and tender inside after another 20-30 mins.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds and thyme over. Adjust seasoning.
5. You can also drizzle my orange tahini yogurt over.
Some more easy veggie appetisers:
1. Baked Beetroot Falafel
2. Grilled Zucchini Chips
3. Stuffed Zucchini Rolls