This lemongrass coconut milk sauce is bursting with flavour. Its a great sauce to have in your stash. Follow the same recipe with tofu cubes for a vegetarian version. I have made it at my workshops and its just as delicious. You can also use chicken strips instead of fish.
This sauce can be had by itself without cooking. I like to use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or an Asian salad dressing.
What you need-
2-3 fish fillet
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
2 spring onions
1 lemongrass stalk
3 tbsp chopped coriander
2-3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
2 cloves garlic, grated
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup coconut milk
Salt and cracked black pepper
Putting it all together-
1. Finley chop the chillies, lemongrass, coriander and spring onions in a bowl
2. Add the garlic, turmeric, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Salt and pepper
3. Place fish in a baking dish and pour sauce over. Cover with foil and marinate for an hour if possible.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C
5. Bake the fish for 15-20 mins.
6. You can do the same in a pan.
7. Serve with brown rice, noodles or steamed veggies.